Re: Hiring an Architect
From: Mac & Sandy Thomson (ganeshrmi.net)
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 14:54:01 -0700 (MST)
We hired a designer (an architect without the same license I think) with a
strong background in cohousing, Matt Worswick.  I think Matt's experience in
cohousing was invaluable.  He knew what the cohousing site, private homes,
and CH design issues were.  He knew how to work with cohousing groups.  And
he knew how to work with the building department bureaucrats on CH issues.
(The CH is a strange beast and having extra public building regulations
imposed can cost tens of thousands extra.)

We were very happy with Matt's work.  We also worked with Chuck Durrett for
some of our initial site design work.  He was also very good and his
cohousing experience was also invaluable.  From our experience, I'd
recommend someone with cohousing experience.

- Mac

--
Mac Thomson

Heartwood Cohousing
http://www.heartwoodcohousing.com

"Expect nothing; be prepared for anything"
           -- Samurai Saying