Re: members leaving the community
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 15:19:23 -0700 (MST)
Joan BURRELL <bljoan [at] msn.com> Manzanita Village Cohousing
is the author of the message below.
   http://csf.colorado.edu/cohousing/2001/msg01672.html

When a family leaves our community we share a meal with them and then
gather afterwards, form a circle, join hands and anyone who wishes, tells
them what it has meant to have them in our village. Then we present them
with a photo-collage of memorable pict ures from their neighbors with the
following quote incorporated into the framed photos: "YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE
FRIENDS IN MANZANITA VILLAGE." That way, they can take us with them.  They
seem to love it.

Joan Burrell
Manzanita Village Cohousing
Prescott, AZ