Re: RE: Mission and value statements: How to create one that has meaning
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 13:32:23 -0700 (MST)
I think generally one can assume that a value or task won't be posted as an
option unless it has a possibility or probability for being acceptable to
someone so "willing" is probably decided before the list is made.

What is more important to know is for how many people is this an unwilling
or undesirable and for how many is it a necessity or strongly desirable.

For example: Monthly birthday celebrations in meetings. Knowing for how many
they are absolutely essential and for how many they are not desirable will
tell you more than knowing who can put  up with them.

The extremes will bring out the feelings on which people are likely to act.
"I can live with this" is pretty milquetoast. In the long run it isn't
something that will build community.

Go for your dreams and the rest will fall into place. Dreams can be negative
-- my dream is to never again wash dishes or go shopping.

Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC
http://www.takomavillage.org