Swans Market 2BR+loft condo 4 Sale (Oakland,CA)
From: Raines Cohen (rc2-coho-Lraines.com)
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 13:31:06 -0700 (MST)
[posted on behalf of my neighbors who we will sorely miss; please reply
to them, NOT to me or the list --R]

HOME FOR SALE AT SWAN'S MARKET COHOUSING, OAKLAND, CA

Yes, you could live in North America's 50th cohousing community, at the
heart of Oakland's historic downtown (Old Oakland) area, in new
(completed 2000) unit in a market building listed on the National
Register of Historic Places. AND get the benefits of living in community,
supportive neighbors, common meals, and an award-winning design that
maximizes opportunities for interaction.

2 blocks from subway; 12 minutes to downtown San Francisco or Berkeley
w/frequent svc.
2 blocks from Chinatown
weekly farmer's and crafts market and a dozen restaurants & shops within
a block.
9 blocks from ferry to SF
easy freeway access to Marin, Berkeley, Silicon Valley, Sacramento, and SF

Details at

http://www.swansway.com/

Original Owner, extensively customized

Unit G, one of our larger units, about 1172 square feet; shared use of
3,458sf Common House

2BR + loft, overlooking 10th Street near the corner of Clay Street

Full modern kitchen, maple cabinetry, customized.

Wood-beamed ceilings up to 15 feet high.

1 full bath, half bath plumbed but unfinished

Exposed steel beams w/faux-rust finish

HOA reserves fully funded; $320/mo. dues include heat, hot water, gas,
shared DSL, community functions, garden, common maintenance, structure
insurance, etc.

Common meals 3x/week (cook+clean in pairs once/5 wks); meetings monthly

Community has 19 households, around 35 people (30 adults); 100%
owner-occupied condos.

Common House includes workshop, guest room, exercise room, storage,
kitchen, dining, lounge
CH includes elevator for accessibility and convenience

Common facilities include interior open-air 2d-story courtyard linking
all units and CH, garden, indoor parking (1 space per unit)

Swan's Market project includes affordable apts., restaurants, children's
art museum

Asking $454,000

Details at:

http://www.swansway.com/

(follow link to Unit for sale)

Contact: Harlan Simon, harlan [at] swansway.com; (510) 251-1208

Raines Cohen <coho-L [at] raines.com> <http://www.swansway.com/>

  Vice President, Swan's Market Cohousing [Old Oakland, CA]
Eagerly awaiting this week's move-in of our first new homebuyers.

  Member, East Bay Cohousing [on hiatus] <http://www.ebcoho.org/>

  Boardmember, The Cohousing Network <http://www.cohousing.org/>
Hoping that everybody's got their copies of the Fall issue of The
Cohousing Journal - and reminding them to renew if not!