Re: Community Internships
From: Elizabeth Stevenson (tamgoddessattbi.com)
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 13:39:01 -0700 (MST)
I would suggest you contact your closest university or community college and
ask what kind of programs they have already in place that you might take
part in. Ask if they have a service learning program, internships or some
other kind of work-study program you could get plugged into. Then they can
help handle all the paperwork and selecting the student. You might want to
look up the Environmental Studies, Anthropology, Sociology, Architecture, or
other related departments, and go to those departments directly and ask if
they are interested in working with your community. Sociology departments
especially, always have lots of internships.

Just some random ideas that come into my head...

--
Liz Stevenson
Southside Park Cohousing