Re: Voting
From: Raines Cohen (rc2-coho-Lraines.com)
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 08:26:01 -0700 (MST)
On 11/8/02 7:18 PM, Kay Argyle <argyle [at] mines.utah.edu> wrote:

>*[A small brag:  Of the first ten voters that morning, five were from our
>community!]

We got good turnout, too, in an otherwise low-turnout election. It helps
that two of our members are poll workers at our local precinct, 2 blocks'
walk from our community... as each of us came to vote, we checked on who
hadn't yet, and came back to urge them on.

I also offered neighbors a ride to the polls in the ultimate Coho
vehicle, perfect for errands or excursions, the Quadribent (aka "social
tandem" or "talking tandem"), a side-by-side recumbent bicycle, or rather
2 bicycles:

http://www.raines.com/quadribent.jpg

made with a kit from Blackbird Designs:

http://www.blackbirdbikes.com/ez1quadsy1.htm

Raines

Raines Cohen <my initials,2,dash,coho,dash,L at my first name .com>

  Member, Swan's Market Coho [Oakland, CA] <http://www.swansway.com/>
Welcoming Eric and Deanna!

  Facilitator, East Bay Cohousing [on hiatus] <http://www.ebcoho.org/>
Which just heard about a meeting this Saturday afternoon about "below
market" coho in Berkeley - run by a Housing Rights group. Details to
follow.

  Boardmember, The Cohousing Network <http://www.cohousing.org/>
Wearing a T-shirt found at the 1999 conference: "Cohousing: Oh my ...
what have I done?" with a picture of an EcoVillage land blessing.