TCN 2003 calendar - significant events?
From: Raines Cohen (rc2-coho-Lraines.com)
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 20:22:04 -0700 (MST)
Greetings, fellow Coho-L'ers.

Roy O'Shaughnessy, Executive Director of the Cohousing Network, is
assembling a calendar of significant events in Cohousing communities,
existing and in formation, throughout North America for the next year. As
a TCN board member, I'm jumping in to ask this list for input on that
calendar.

This will help us plan events, including the North American Cohousing
Conference and regional gatherings, professional seminars, tours, and our
board's Face-to-Face gatherings; we'll also include publication
advertising/editorial/production deadlines, and we'll collate and
republish this info via TCN's Web site (our communications team has
identified a calendar as a key feature to add in the coming year), this
list, and other means. Communities can use this as a tool to plan their
own local events, collaborate with other communities, and tag onto other
national/continental and regional events for joint publicity/outreach.

So, do you have anything scheduled or in the planning stages? A
traditional anniversary event for your community - especially "round
numbers"? (1, 5, 10 years) Conferences related to your area, to building,
to community? Expected milestones (construction start, move-in?) Even if
the dates are vague ("groundbreaking in Spring" or "recruiting event at
the county fair every July"), we'd like to know about it as early as
possible so that we can identify opportunities for building on your event
or generating appropriate publicity or at least help us and others avoid
major conflicts.

We understand that not all events are appropriate for outside involvement
or publicity. But we'd still like to know about your plans so we can
avoid conflicts that would make it hard for members of your community to
participate. When sending in an event, please note whether it's OK to
include it on TCN public calendars and to share with the press.

Thanks so much for your info... pooling this kind of info is an essential
part of how The Cohousing Network can better serve Cohousing communities
throughout North America.

Raines
---- (clip here)
Your name:
Your email:
Your phone #:

Community name:
Location (city, state):

Event name:
Event date:
 (indicate pattern, ie 3rd Thursday in Aug, if recurring, or original
date if anniversary)
Significance:
Audience:

Event sponsor: (if not your group)
Event organizer name:
Event organizer phone #:
Event organizer email:

Event URL:
Event public name/phone/email:

OK to share with other communities? with the press? OK to publish?: (Y/N
for each)

Clip and send to: Roy O'Shaughnessy, TCN Exec Director:
execdir [at] cohousing.org
(don't send to me or the whole list, it'll just confuse us). Thanks for
your time.
--- (clip here)

Raines Cohen <my initials,2,dash,coho,dash,L at my first name .com>

  Member, Swan's Market Coho [Oakland, CA] <http://www.swansway.com/>
Where my neighbors got taped for a national public TV show today.

  Facilitator, East Bay Cohousing [on hiatus] <http://www.ebcoho.org/>
Who is learning a lot about "purchase money" bridge loans.

  Boardmember, The Cohousing Network <http://www.cohousing.org/>
About to announce dates/location for the 2003 North American conference.