Do cohousers care about "bricks and sticks"?
From: Racheli Gai (jnpalmeattglobal.net)
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 08:12:05 -0700 (MST)
In <LPBBLHKKBOKJBHOFMFDPOECADHAA.floriferous [at] msn.com>, on 11/19/2002
   at 09:11 PM, "Rob Sandelin" <floriferous [at] msn.com> said:

> Elizabeth Stevenson said:
>And you're setting up a two tiered social system
>if you only let the people with less income in AFTER you have made all
>the decisions about the community and how it will be first.

>I don't agree that this is necessarily the outcome. What you are doing in
>this hypothetical case is letting people who have the money determine how
>the BRICKS AND STICKS of the community will be designed. This is not
>really a problem for almost anybody that has any sense. Who really cares
>about that stuff? --

This is a huge, and IMO false generalization.  I care about "bricks and sticks",
and so do many cohousers.  In fact, anyone who cares about environmental
issues should.

Racheli
Sonora Cohousing, Tucson (where I've lived for over two years,
and never had to turn on the heater, because the "bricks and sticks"
had been situated they way they should).