Re: Meetings are a bad way to recruit people
From: Racheli Gai (jnpalmeattglobal.net)
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 08:12:10 -0700 (MST)
 "Rob Sandelin" <floriferous [at] msn.com> said:

I agree in part.  I suspect that it's good for newcomers to see different
aspects of community life and process before they
join.  Probably seeing only meetings is a bad idea.  But I'd say that
seeing *at least one meeting*, in addition to observing/ participating in
the fun stuff is very important.  I personally wouldn't have joined a
community without knowin/observing how it governs itself.  Maybe I'm more
aware of such issues
than some, but IMO it would be a mistake for anyone to join
without inquiring into this aspect.

R.
Tucson.