Re: Do cohousers care about "bricks and sticks"?
From: Racheli Gai (jnpalmeattglobal.net)
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 09:55:02 -0700 (MST)
Hi Stacia,

I'm not sure what you mean: Does the word "should" never
show up? If that's the case, aren't you introducing another
"should" (or "shouldn't")?
As to the issue at hand, considering how much of the world's  resources
are used for erecting buildings (and more resources are used for
maintaining them, heating and cooling, getting to  and from,... etc) - I
guess
I fail to see how it's possible not to take this into consideration,
assuming one cares about diminishing resources; fast disappearing forests;
global warming; use of toxic substances and introduction of air pollution,
ground water contamination etc.)
Mind you, I'm not saying that every two people who consider
themselves environmentalists will reach the same conclusion
regarding: which materials to use/avoid; in what manner, and so on. But I
think they would consider these *important questions to ask and to be
concerned about* - not something that only people without any sense (in
Rob's terms) would bother giving  a thought to.

R.