Communal eating question from new UK group
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 13:53:01 -0700 (MST)
Helen Nightingale <helen.nightingale [at] fish.co.uk>
is the author of the message below.
   http://csf.colorado.edu/cohousing/2001/msg01672.html
Hello from Springhill, Stroud England

We are a group of 30 families currently building a co-housing project in
Stroud, Gloucestershire (www.cohouses.net). Now that building has started
we are concentrating on the common house and the way in which we see
ourselves living there. We are very exc ited at the prospect of eating
together but find the organisation of such a task a challenge to say the
least.  It would be very helpful to hear about other communities
experiences and how they have managed to accomplish this feat.  We are
particularly co ncerned about administration (meal planning, food
ordering, keeping accounts etc.) and the amount of time that will need to
be devoted to it.  It would seem to be practically a full time job, I
would love to hear of your experiences.

Looking forward to hearing from fellow co-housers
Best wishes
Helen