Re: Re: [C-L]Traffic Studies
From: Diane Simpson (cohotheworld.com)
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 02:26:43 -0700 (MST)
This is from the Spring 2002 issue of Terrain Magazine:

"In a 1996 study, Australiain architect Dr. Graham Meltzer examined the social and environmental sustainability of 18 cohousing communities. meltzer found that, overall, cohousing residents owned fewer cars tan they did before living in cohousing, and were more actively involved in recycling and composting."

also:

"According to a UA EPA-funded study of the Nyland cohousing community in Colorado, residents made 25% fewer car trips per household than the residents of adjacent condominiums and single-family housholds."

Terrain Magazine is published by the Ecology Center, 2530 San Pablo Avenue, Berkely California, 94702.

--Diane
JP COHOUSING  617-524-6614
P.O. BOX 420 BOSTON MASSACHUSETTS
HTTP://WWW.JPCOHOUSING.ORG