Re: Meetings are a bad way...
From: Diana Carroll (dianacalum.rpi.edu)
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 07:37:01 -0700 (MST)
As a relative newcomer to our group (Mosaic Commons in MA) I
like the way we do it.  Newcomers can come first to either
an intro meeting (held monthly, a formal presentation of MC
to interested parties) or a social event unconnected to a
meeting.  Then we also have a potluck meal after every general
meeting, so even if the meeting is too structured or tense,
it still gives newish folks the chance to get to know oldish
folks in a casual social setting.  I haven't been involved
with any other group, but to my eye this seems to work well.

Peace,
D!

=------------- mailto:dianac [at] alum.rpi.edu ---------------- ____
= "Some days the line I walk turns out to be straight,   __\_ /
=  other days the line tends to deviate..." -A DiFranco  \  //
=------------ http://people.atg.com/~dianac ------------  \/