Re: Re:Radiant floor Heat
From: Andrew Burgess (aabcichlid.com)
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 10:43:02 -0700 (MST)
>Am looking forward to having radiant floor heat.  Was just told by one
>builder can't do wooden floors over it.  this is ok, as we use the floors as
>bases for oriental carpets we both love, picked up over the years.

I would ask the builder why he thinks wood floors won't work.

I'm planning to install it and have done much research. Wood floors are fine.
Rugs and carpet pads are more of a concern than wood.

But the bootom line is it'll always work because the tubing can take 200 F
water so you just keep turning up the water temperature until enough heat gets
through whatever you have on the floor. Higher temperatures do mean more
heat loss in pipes and downward. An experienced designer/installer (or you)
can do calculations to approx the needed temperature and give you a ballpark
$$ figure on running costs.

HTH
Andy