RE: Unsupervised Kids in the commonhouse
From: Casey Morrigan (cjmorrpacbell.net)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 10:25:02 -0700 (MST)
We don't allow unsupervised kids in the common house.  We didn't have a rule
about it until the "cake" incident (use your imagination).  Supervision
means active, line-of-sight supervision. We have one 12 year old, our oldest
child, who is allowed in the Common House if she is completing a task for
her household.

The Common House is locked after dark but left open during the day.  (We are
a small town but are not free of crime, unfortunately....we've had lots of
stuff taken from our carports and our cohousing sign has been subject to
tagging the last couple months. )We have a few people going in and out at
night doing laundry and they have specifically said they want the doors
locked so no surprises.

Casey Morrigan
Two Acre Wood, Sebastopol, Califonria