Re: Unsupervised Kids in the commonhouse
From: Jim Snyder-Grant (jimsgnewview.org)
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 19:20:02 -0700 (MST)
Dec 14, 2002:  Check out new URL at end of this (and every list message) for
Cohousing-L info page.  Season's Greetings.  Fred, list manager.
- -

We generally don't lock the common house anymore (but don't tell the bad
guys). We used to lock it at night & unlock it in the AM. Kids 10 or under
need an adult  'sponsor' to be in the CH. The sponsor is in the common
house. The age limit was figured out by parents & kids together. This has
generally worked out - the younger kids look forward to turning 10 when they
can use the common house when they want. The ones that have made the
transition have almost all used the place with appropriate care.

-Jim

Jim Snyder-Grant
jimsg [at] newview.org
New View Cohousing