Possible Cohousing Site near Baltimore, MD
From: Tree Bressen (treeic.org)
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 18:00:02 -0700 (MST)
Dec 14, 2002:  Check out new URL at end of this (and every list message) for
Cohousing-L info page.  Season's Greetings.  Fred, list manager.
- -

Hi,

I am posting this for a friend.  Please reply to him and *not* to me, that
is, do not press auto-reply on this message.  Thanks,

--Tree

Possible Cohousing Site near Baltimore, MD

Heirs to 50-acre farm in Hampstead, Maryland (in Carroll County, 30 mi.
from Baltimore, 8 mi. from Westminster) are exploring sustainable
alternatives to developing this land in the conventional manner. Although
our land lies within the Hampstead "community development" zone, much of
Carroll County is rural/agricultural, and the county government is
committed to limiting sprawl and preserving open space.

We would like to keep half of the land open for continued farming by
current residents, and put the other half in some form of cluster housing
(maximum about 20 units) with emphasis on affordable and earth-friendly
dwellings. Although our plans remain contingent on zoning constraints
(currently being researched), we are very interested in discussing
possibilities with any cohousing group who would like to purchase land and
build in a rural-to-suburban environment near Baltimore.

Contact: Mark Schonbeck, 439 Valley Drive NW, Floyd, VA 24091; tel.
540-745-4130 (9am-9pm, leave message); e-mail mark [at] abundantdawn.org.

Tree Bressen
1680 Walnut St.
Eugene, OR 97403
(541) 484-1156