Land trusts
From: Vincent Bates (vincemlc.net)
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 11:38:03 -0700 (MST)
Dec 14, 2002:  Check out new URL at end of this (and every list message) for
Cohousing-L info page.  Season's Greetings.  Fred, list manager.
- -

Certainly it's done, and I do know of a couple rural scenes here in MO, though
I don't have readily available info on them, and they are not in the public eye
really.  The land trust guidelines with these cover land usage around
environmental issues on both the privately and commonly held land.  These
groups though haven't been too particularly 'intentional' in their community
development of cohousing or other models of existence.

There is also an urban move in St. Louis toward holding land values to
'affordable' standards, reducing tendencies toward gentrification.  A good
reference to this is the link following link regarding the development of the
Red Brick Land Trust project at:
http://www.stlimc.org/local/confluence/confluence_FALL-v7.4_23/FL01_CLT.html