History of colored cards
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 14:36:01 -0700 (MST)
Elana Kann <ekann [at] bellsouth.net>
is the author of the message below.
because the message included some sort of attachement.
There was an article in the Cohousing journal fall of 1991 called "Colored
Cards Improve Group Process." This is what got the Westwood group started
using them. Tom Moench was given credit for bringing the system to the
Winslow group. He was an Organizational Development Consultant at Boeing
Company in Seattle at the time. I thought maybe this idea came from Boeing
and Tom imported it to Winslow. Did he actually create it? If so, thanks,
Tom!

I think using the cards helps us greatly, because of the hierarchy of the
order in which the facilitator calls on people. Questions come first, then
answers, then comments. And the ability to stop the process to refocus by
using the red card means that all participants can help keep the meeting on
track, it's not just the facilitator's job.

--Elana Kann
Westwood in Asheville, NC