Re: Car share club
From: Raines Cohen (rc2-coho-Lraines.com)
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 10:52:01 -0700 (MST)
On 11/11/02 9:37 AM, Jeanne Goodman <GoodmanJ [at] jpcohousing.org> wrote:

>We are considering a car share club for our community. Does anyone have
>experience with car share clubs with some advice of things we should or
>shouldn't do?

Jeanne -

First, build and move into your community. THEN worry about things like
carsharing, meal sharing, shopping for each other, lending things, doing
social things together, supporting your neighbors... build it gradually
and naturally, don't try to do it all at once. Do reach out to FlexCar or
your local car share operator about siting a car in your area or at least
briefing the group and assessing the interest.

My neighbor Joani and I (as profiled in the latest Cohousing Journal)
share an electric car; there has been some additional informal
sharing/borrowing occasionally, and one other neighbor has gotten rid of
her car (and occasionally rents out the space to neighbors or has it
available for visiting family or friends).

CityCarShare now has a station wagon right outside our front gate, so
that's available when we need it, for the several members here.

http://www.citycarshare.org/

Raines
(catching up on an old thread that recently revived)

Raines Cohen <my initials,2,dash,coho,dash,L at my first name .com>

  Member, Swan's Market Coho [Oakland, CA] <http://www.swansway.com/>
Where I'm co-cooking a "clean-out-the-freezer" common dinner tonight.

  Facilitator, East Bay Cohousing [on hiatus] <http://www.ebcoho.org/>
Wishing everyone a Happy New Year.

  Boardmember, The Cohousing Network <http://www.cohousing.org/>
Poring over many applications for the design and pubs jobs.