Voting?
From: donna ellis (donnasutralocal2global.org)
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2003 21:15:02 -0700 (MST)
Greetings to All List Members and Happy 2003,

I am new to the list.  My first purpose is to better understand the process
behind what I and a few interested parties hope will be a co-housing or
other intentional living arrangement.  However, I also thought of current
communitarians in relation to work I'm about to embark on in Los Angeles and
I hope you'll respond off- list.

May I ask, of those in your community who are eligible to vote, how many
actually do?  Is engaged discussion among neighbors a factor that fortifies
your decision to make the effort to vote?

I'm curious because I believe people who feel like neighbors, as opposed to
residents, are more concerned and involved in the process and health of
community in general.

Our project, by the way, is to get more neighbors in Los Angeles talking,
face-to-face; then to try to get neighborhoods talking, cross-community.

Thank you kindly for your time.

Donna Ellis
Los Angeles, CA