Re: Car share club
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2003 22:33:01 -0700 (MST)
On 1/02/2003 12:16 AM, "Raines Cohen" <rc2-coho-L [at] raines.com> wrote:

> Their website says it all: You join up for a $30 fee to review your
> driving record. You put down a $300 damage deposit (per household; we
> theoretically could get a business membership for the HOA but then we'd
> have to distribute the bills and pay higher rates).
> You get issued a key-fob and a code, and pay $10 a month.

But do you have any agreement with them as a community? I'm talking to them
about putting a car in our parking lot for the exclusive use of our
community members. They have to park a car somewhere and haven't found a
spot in our neighborhood. In DC they put cars near Metro stations.

I'm still exploring the possibilities and haven't taken a proposal to the
community yet. They will still handle all the reservations, maintenance of
the car, etc., but they want a minimum usage guarantee. I'm not sure we can
manage a commitment of 300 hours a month right away. It would take people a
few months at least to build habits around the car and to sell their second
cars.

Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC
http://www.takomavillage.org