Re: Car share club
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 09:31:01 -0700 (MST)
On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, Sharon Villines wrote:

> But do you have any agreement with them as a community? I'm talking to them
> about putting a car in our parking lot for the exclusive use of our
> community members.

Why does the car need to be "for the exclusive use of our community
members" ?  Would it be parked in a place accessible to the public?  If
the scheduling algorithms work well, more use (by non members) could make
for better service, use might justify two cars for example.

Alternativly (less desireable in my opinion):

Are all uses round trip (you have to return car where you got it)?  If so,
what advantage does doing a car coop thru them offer / why not do your
own?

Fred

--
Fred H. Olson  Minneapolis,MN 55411   (near north Mpls)
fholson [at] cohousing.org 612-588-9532 (7am-10pm Cent time)