Re: Working with Process Consultants
From: Diane Simpson (cohotheworld.com)
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 19:08:01 -0700 (MST)

To me, this seems like the biggest problem. Our group lives in close enough proximity that we can all get together in person for committee meetings. But it's not only that--we live close enough together for other community-building activities such as occasionally babysitting for one another, borrowing a car from each other, lending a vacuum cleaner to another member, helping each other move, arranging for a community children's birthday party...the list goes on and on. I think if you don't have time for all of these spontaneous community-building activities you've got an uphill battle and you're going to have to put a lot more money in your membership budget to help people learn how to live together and understand one another.

--Diane(:^]
JP COHOUSING  617-524-6614
P.O. BOX 420 BOSTON MASSACHUSETTS
HTTP://WWW.JPCOHOUSING.ORG

P.S. By the way, we are 83.3% presold, and would be even more presold if we didn't have the issue of the "affordable units" to deal with. We're not certain at this time if we can sell them or if the Boston Redevelopment Authority gets to sell them. Stay tuned.... = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =