Process in far flung membership group
From: Eileen McCourt (emccourtmindspring.com)
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 19:23:01 -0700 (MST)
I think living far apart has provided it's challenges, but its not all
bad that it forced us to be more formal about developing process skills,
since we did not have all of the opportunities for informal interaction
that are described below.  Now that 8 families live in Paso Robles, and
three more in proximity, it does change things in terms of making
communication flow more smoothly.

I don't think I will want to give up the bridge line until I can just
walk over to the common house, though.  The bridge line has saved our
lives in terms of managing the project.  We use it for about 20 hours a
month of meetings.  We share it with a non-profit that uses it for
another 8-10 hours a month.  We have at least one and sometimes two 4-5
hour meetings a month face-to-face in Paso Robles, as well as lots of
social activities that double as marketing in locales where the members
live, like San Francisco and Los Angeles as well as Paso Robles.

--eileen

Eileen McCourt
Oak Creek Commons Cohousing
Paso Robles, CA