Reply to post on single parents
From: Terri Hupfer (gorditapacbell.net)
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 20:23:06 -0700 (MST)
A couple of days ago Maggie posted asking for pros to living in cohousing as
a single parent. Here is my list, as a mom of a 9 and 2 yr old, who's been
here for 14 months now.

1. Adults to talk to! As a single parent, it's very easy to become isolated
in your own home with just the kids.

2. Someone to take turns pushing the kids on the swings.

3. Someone to get parenting advice from.

4. People to eat dinner with who stay at the table longer than 5 minutes.

5. Someone to pick up your kids when you get caught in traffic.

6. A babysitting coop so that everyone gets a little downtime now and then.

7. Other adults who think your kids are almost as bright, charming, and
adorable as you do.

8. A neighbor to pick up milk at the store when you don't want to drag
everyone out.

9. Someone to roll your eyes at and sigh to when your kids are being
exasperating.

10. Someone to take them to the park just for fun.

There are lots more, but those are the ones that jump out at me.

Terri Hupfer
Pleasant Hill Cohousing
California