Re: request for guesstimate
From: S Brian Burke (sbrianburkehotmail.com)
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 07:45:01 -0700 (MST)

Writing from Vancouver, B.C. Canada  Quayside Village Cohousing
We have 18 residences; owners of two of them attend the Unitarian Church. We have a four other members who attend places of worship regularly (that I know of!).

Brian and I are on the sufi path , and have lived in spiritual communities in the past, so we knew it would be a bit of a compromise when we joined a community that didn't consciously acknowledge the spiritual side. Interestingly, it was our experience with the consensus decision making process in early meetings that prompted us to join Quayside. Having a process where all can have a voice, and where there is a shared intention to respect all voices seems to be reliable glue for keeping the community together, for those that are committed to the process (based on five years here).

Linda