Re: Benefits of Cohousing for single parents
From: Martie Weatherly (martiewearthlink.net)
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 21:43:03 -0700 (MST)
Cohousing is definitely geared to families with children, marrieds
without children, single parents, singles, retirees, esteemed elders and
any other household unit. You may find different communities having more
of some categories than others, depending on its location, size of
units, etc.

We are a rural community with 21 households of which nine are families
with children living at home (from 6 to 17) including one single parent
and 11 are families without children living at home. Our neighboring
cohousing community which is urban and has smaller units has a higher
proportion of singles and more single parents than we do.

With more cohousing communities popping up all the time, you have more
opportunity to pick (or create) the community that is right for you.

Martie Weatherly
Liberty Village, MD
martiew [at] earthlink.net