Cohousing-L Subject Search
From: Greg Dunn (MyListsgregdunn.com)
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 12:37:08 -0700 (MST)
Fred Olson wrote:

Peter Scott developed the amazingly useful subject search for
cohousing-L. http://nzpp.virtualave.net/coho/
<<

This really *is* nice, and I wasn't aware of it before.

I especially like Peter's concise guide (placed right before the input
box) to formulating queries.  Many search engines have complex (e.g.,
boolean) search capabilities, but you have to read through so much
documentation to figure them out that I, at least, usually never bother.

I decided I wanted to see recent notices of units for sale.  It took
about 30 seconds (having never used his search facility before) to
figure out that the following query would do it:

        ("for sale" + 2003) or ("for sale" + 2002)

Of course, the following would've worked, too, now that I think about
it, and it's a bit more concise:

        "for sale" and (2003 or 2002)

But the point is, it was easy to find *something* that worked, quickly.

If you're out there listening, Peter:  Nice job!

Greg Dunn