Co-housing with NO mortgage
From: Elizabeth Cobb (lizacobbearthlink.net)
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 18:10:31 -0700 (MST)
I'm new to listservs, and even newer to co-communities.  Although I am
not ready to find/found a new community (preferably from the ground up,
npi), after my next and last govt assignment, I hope to find a group of
people interested in building community the old fashioned way, i.e.,
barn-raising.  Has any group explored the possibility of taking one of
the free, govt-sponsored courses on housebuilding, or better yet,
joining the housebuilding volunteers of habitats for humanity, to learn
on the job?  Has this been tried?  or found to be too
idealistic/impractical?