Re: Cohousing Annual Report 2002
From: Cheryl A. Charis-Graves (ccharisjeffco.k12.co.us)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 11:20:13 -0700 (MST)
I was reading down this list and was very surprised to find "children's
grade point average" on the list! I think there are a lot of good
reasons to NOT include this as part of our list -- GPA reflects much,
much more than "good community," GPA may not be used in many schools,
success at school is much more than GPA. I also think it reflects
something about our organization (and I'm not sure I like what it
reflects) that we would choose this particular piece of data. I object
to this on essentially the same grounds as I object to standardized
group test scores as a measure of a school/classroom's "worthiness."

I encourage TCN to reconsider this particular item. If you want to hear
more of my reasoning, I will elaborate. But I really wonder if this item
was well-considered to begin with.

Cheryl Charis-Graves