Re: Call for Support
From: Kai von Fintel (fintelourfrontporch.org)
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 06:43:01 -0700 (MST)

Becky (and everyone else):

Thanks for your responses. We at Mosaic Commons were taken by surprise by this development. We thought that we had a legal maneuver up our sleeves that would have circumvented the town meeting. It didn't work, so we found ourselves in front of the town meeting with a day's notice. We lost the vote last night and will very likely have to find another property to build our community on.

Just to be clear. Our group has had a group membership in The Cohousing Network for years. A lot of us subscribe and contribute to this list. What we tried to do yesterday was flush out every last person in Stow who supports cohousing. There were indeed many such who showed up, but we still lost the vote by a huge majority.

--
Kai von Fintel
Mosaic Commons, Massachusetts