Re: Cohosuing Annual Report 2002
From: Judy Baxter (BAXTERepi.umn.edu)
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 10:50:12 -0700 (MST)
I'm with Liz -
I can't see us (Monterey Cohousing)  COLLECTING any of that stuff - I
have had, falling to the bottom of my to_do list, the task of putting
together resale data from our community, for about 3 years, and it
hasn't happened.  Partly because at least our coop apartments are so
different from most cohousing that it seems irrelevant, and only one
townhouse has been resold.

I understand what you want - anything we happen to have, which makes
sense.  If we had any, we'd give it to you.

One tactic that has worked for my research group, which asks
participants in studies to fill out LOTS of questionnaires is the
following:
        If someone refuses to fill out the packet, someone calls and
asks if they would just answer 3 quick questions, such as are you
currently smoking, what is your weight, have you exercised this past
week for at least 20 minutes,  etc. You might consider what short, key
questions you would like answered.
Judy

A studio-size coop apt will be available to buy and move in in summer
 a 3 BR townhouse is for sale

After  10 years (amazing! 10th anniversary party this month) we are
still putting lots of energy into remodeling our (now) 3 1/2 season porch.
-- e-mail:      baxter [at] epi.umn.edu
15 homes - 7 new townhomes plus
        8 coop apartments       in the Mansion (a rehab Georgian building)
(built as a retirement home in 1924 -) which also serves as our Common House
coops moved in in 1993, townhomes in 1996
 web page: http://www.jimn.org/mococo/