Looking for "Nuts and Bolts" workshops for June Cohousing Conf.
From: Ellen Orleans (ellenwhdc.com)
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 15:54:01 -0700 (MST)
Hi Everyone,

We've had a wonderful response to our call for workshops for the June
Cohousing Network Conference in Boulder. Many of our proposals have been
for process- and facilitation-focused topics. I am still searching for
workshops covering some of the nuts and bolts issues of cohousing.  Here
are some ideas.

Common House: Use, Abuse, and Everything in Between
Meals: (advice on food, cooks, kinds and frequency of meals, cleaning
up, etc)
Kitchen: (design, equipment, utensils)
Kids: activities; "co-parents," involvement, a kids' panel perhaps?
Pets
Shared outside space  -? creative use of, chores, what's working, what
isn't
Parking and Cars
Renters and Rentals
Interaction with the larger neighborhood: balancing privacy and
involvement
HOA fees and/or Money issues
Writing a Membership Agreement
Finding and Retaining New Members
Environmental Issues

If you are interested in facilitating, leading or co-leading a workshop
or informal group discussion in one of these areas (or one I haven't
thought of) please submit an informal proposal to me at ellen [at] whdc.com.
Let me know the following.

Your name
Your phone number
Your email address
Your non-email address

A 1-2 paragraph description of your workshop, including content,
structure and goals.

1-3 sentences about yourself (ie, Camilla is a retired Econ professor
turned massage therapist living in Wild Worms Cohousing in North Dakota.
She enjoys cooking, gardening and analyzing socio-financial trends)

Your target audience (ie, everyone, people just starting a community,
single moms, design- and construction-oriented folks, etc.)

Length of workshop (between 90 minutes and 1-1/2 hours)

Maximum number of participants

Audio Video needs (ie, slide projector, Power Point projector, long
tables, big pillows)

Questions? Contact me at

Ellen Orleans
(303)449-3232  x107