Re: Cohousing-L digest, Vol 1 #782 - 12 msgs
From: HeidiNYS (HeidiNYSaol.com)
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 14:56:03 -0700 (MST)
Dear Diane & JP CoHo Cohorts,

A great cingratulations to you, & thanks for letting us know!!
All Best,
Ruth Hirsch, Cantines Island CoHo, Saugerties, NYS

Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 20:56:03 -0500 From: Diane Simpson
<coho [at] theworld.com>Subject: [C-L]_JP COHOUSING GOES 3 FOR 3!

Hi out there in coho-land!
We went sailing through the ZBA [Zoning Board of Appeals] today with
unanimous approval in front of a packed room at Boston city hall.  This
was the final step in the approvals process after the JP Neighborhood
Council and Boston Redevelopment Authority Board.  Councillors
Hennigan, Tobin, Arroyo, and Turner testified in our favor as did
representatives of councillors Murphy and Flaherty. Celia Grant from
State Senator Wilkerson's office spoke in favor of us and so did State
Representative Liz Malia. Alison Rogers from the Mayor's office also
spoke in favor. Charlie Connors,  president of the Brookside
Neighborhood Association also spoke up for us. When the chair asked if
anyone wanted to speak in opposition, the room was silent. They had
never seen anything like this--it was truly amazing! Thank you very
much, all our supporters out there--we could not have done it without
you.

Sincerely,
--Diane Simpson(:^]

JP COHOUSING  617-524-6614
P.O. BOX 420 BOSTON MASSACHUSETTS
HTTP://WWW.JPCOHOUSING.ORG
"The people who surround you define the quality of your life."