Re: Opening Ritual
From: Jeanne Goodman (GoodmanJjpcohousing.org)
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 06:27:53 -0700 (MST)
At Jamaica Plain Cohousing in Boston we have an opening ritual that is
determined by the facilitator. We have had the most entertaining assortment
of openings.

We have had mini-plays, a spectrum exercise (stand on this side of the room
if you agree with x statement and the other side of the room if you disagree
and some point inbetween if so inclined). We have had round-robins to say
how we feel about certain things. We have lit candles, played representative
songs, read poems and tossed balls of string. Every opening is pretty unique
and still relatively simple. We've been doing this since we were three
households (I believe we had 22 households at our last meeting.)

Jeanne Goodman
JP Cohousing
Boston, MA