Peace vigil
From: Diana Porter (porterdcinci.rr.com)
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 19:13:17 -0700 (MST)

It was announced yesterday at our local "No war on Iraq" demonstration that
there were multiple sites in Cincinnati where one could go to participate in the vigil
tonight. It was such a beautiful day here (69 degress and sunny) after a long, cold,
snowy winter, that we were lounging on the deck until dark.  I walked into the house and
clicked on my email.  The listserve had four messages so I started to read them only to
be reminded that the vigil started at 7:00.  We rushed to the site at Hamilton and Otte
and found over 200 people lining the street with candles and signs.  This was such a
moving experience for me because this site is just 3 blocks from a parcel of land that
may one day become the Cincinnati Ecovillage.  We are working with the city to get the
rights to develop a 7 acre parcel which was once cleared for a freeway.  The community
stopped the building of the freeway and now the state will turn the land back to the
city. Without the list serve, we wouldn't have made it to the vigil.  I am so glad that I
didn't miss this opportunity to participate as one of the over 6000 sites in 169
countries.  (http://www.globalvigil.org)
Please post pictures from all the cohousers and the cohousing communities that participated.
Peace is possible.

Diana Porter
Cincinati EcoVillage

Message: 3