Multiple Communities -- Threat or Challenge?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 08:10:07 -0700 (MST)

Rob's comment about having 10 cohousing communities in the area resonated in my slumber last night. When this becomes the norm, how will it change the ways we think about our communities?

How will our children change the neighborhood schools?

How will cohousing communities influence other neighborhood associations?

How will cohousing communities have to change to attract new households?

How will this affect forming communities?

How will it affect school systems?

How wide will community variation go before people start saying "we" are cohousing, "they" are not?

Sharon
-----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC