RE: Re: [C-L] Median or mode, Wealth & Poverty [was What is wealth?]
From: Rob Sandelin (floriferousmsn.com)
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 15:00:12 -0600 (MDT)
Home ownership is not available to everyone. There are many people who will
not be homeowners ever, some might be next year if things go right, some
might be in ten years. My 21 year old niece who works and lives a wonderful
ski bum life will not be a home owner next year, even if she had the money.
It's not something she wants to do.

There are those who really want to live cooperatively but don't have the
economic credentials to be homeowners, thus cohousing is a limited option.
However, there are still 872 other communities around the USA which they
could become involved with, which do not require home ownership. Odds are
there is a non-cohousing community within 50 miles of you.

Cooperative living at lower income and simplier lifestyle levels is
available all over. I would encourage you to check it out. Cohousing is only
one type of community, there are many others.

Rob Sandelin
South Snohomish County at the headwaters of Ricci Creek
Sky Valley Environments  <http://www.nonprofitpages.com/nica/SVE.htm>
Field skills training for student naturalists
Floriferous [at] msn.com

---