RE: Ownership not necessary / Goodenough Comm.
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 08:35:02 -0600 (MDT)
On Mon, 14 Apr 2003, Forbes Jan wrote:

> A high proportion of Danish Cohousing established since the legislation came
> in in 1981, is on a 'co-operative' model, designed to keep the housing
> affordable.  However for the most part it appears to be available to middle
> income earners or above, or to older pensioner homeowners who have the
> assets to buy in.

Thanks for posting on this.  I think of much Danish cohousing as being
more of a coop model but my knowledge is too sketchy to post anything
authoritative.   But then I think of Danish government as being more
'cooperative' (despite recent trends) than in the US which makes the
context quite different.

Fred

--
Fred H. Olson  Minneapolis,MN 55411   (near north Mpls)
fholson [at] cohousing.org 612-588-9532 (7am-10pm Cent time)