Re: Subject: Re: [C-L]_Dealing with difficult personalities
From: Cheryl Charis-Graves (ccharisearthlink.net)
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 09:13:05 -0600 (MDT)
The approach that Juva is describing sounds very much like the process
taught by Marshall Rosenberg call Nonviolent (Compassionate) Communication.
I have been to a weekend workshop with him, and it is, indeed, possible to
turn a communication around with this approach. I daresay it could change
the world. It does take practice, and a willingness to set aside your own
reactions to get to the other person's needs. It's "simple but not easy."

--
Cheryl Charis-Graves
Harmony Village Cohousing

Where we celebrated Earth Day/Beltaine in our riverrock labyrinth last night
with a shared earth blessing/commitment, ribbons of intention to hang on our
ancestor tree, and a smooth stone to carry in our pockets as a remembrance
-- along with shared thoughts for the earth, the people who walk it, and for
one another.