RE: Re: commercial building
From: Casey Morrigan (cjmorrpacbell.net)
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 14:28:01 -0600 (MDT)
Sharon:  I got the main point of your post, which seemed to be, get educated
about your local building codes so you can be smart in building your
cohousing.  Excellent advice.

So I giggled when I read this paragraph and couldn't wait to rib you on it:

> In California in the 70s when people were going out into the
> country to
> build their own houses, they found all sorts of ways to get
> around the code.
> One person followed the code for a boat house. She was out in
> the middle of
> a huge field and her house was up on 10 ft stilts but she had
> her house.

I thought, surely there are Other Jurisdictions, besides that ever-flaky
California,  where people have tried to get around codes?  Perhaps?  Come
on, midwesterners, southerners --- 'fess up!

I suppose the point is moot, if only cuz there's not a heck of a lot of
"country" to go out into these days in California -!! (smile)

Casey Morrigan
Two Acre Wood
Sebastopol, California
(Where nary a code was broken - nor bent!! Honest!)