Re: commercial building
From: Mac & Sandy Thomson (ganeshrmi.net)
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 08:13:02 -0600 (MDT)
>> In our City's review of our common house construction documents, the decision
>> has been made that the CH is a commercial building and must therefore comply
>> with ADA and other commercial-construction policies....
>> Has anyone dealt with the commercial-building issue with your city planning
>> department, and/or with appeal processes?  Advice welcome!  Thanks.

The thing that helped us the most to get our common house approved by the
building department in the way that worked for us was to work with an
architect (Matt Worswick) experienced in common house design.  Matt had been
through the process several times with several different building
departments so he knew the issues ahead of time and how to address them.

- Mac

--
Mac Thomson

Heartwood Cohousing