Re: overburdened "kool-aid" mom
From: MikeJoTodd (MikeJoToddmn.rr.com)
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 11:20:02 -0600 (MDT)
The joy in cohousing about dealing with "packs of kids" is that there is
an organizational structure available to deal with topics that need
discussion, and a willingness among the members to have those
discussions. By definition, when people move into cohousing, they are
saying they at least believe in the idea of community and of finding
ways to make things work for everybody in the community. We've got a
fairly small number of kids since we are a small community, but there
were certainly differences in child rearing philosophy that needed to be
worked out. Working it out in a cohousing community was certainly easier
than in any other neighborhood we'd lived in previously.

Joelyn Malone,
Monterey Cohousing, Minneapolis
see our web site at www.jimn.org/mococo