High Cost of Co-Housing
From: lizacobb (lizacobbearthlink.net)
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 13:26:01 -0600 (MDT)
Tricia Bowler- Archambault asked, Building
homes ourselves, with local materials, is one way to bring the costs down.
I am interested to know if others have any thoughts about this in relation
to the high cost of co-housing development.<<

About the same time I heard of co-housing last November, I was also wrestling
with the concept of enormous mortgages in general.  My tentative plan is to
join/form a group of women interested in learning how to build houses, learn
and build with Habitats for Humanity, then join/form a group of people
interested in starting and themselves building a co-community.  I will be
looking for such groups in 2007, give or take a year.  I am very excited and
impatient to begin...

Elizabeth Cobb