Is mental illness the issue?
From: don i arkin (shardon5juno.com)
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 12:50:05 -0600 (MDT)
Hi,  Kay asked how you can justify not accommodating mental illnesses
while accommodating other disabilities.  While I agree entirely that
mental illnesses are physical disabilities, that does not give the
mentally ill carte blanche for their behavior.  People with various
disabilities are given help so that they can participate somewhat equally
in the greater society.  This is done at least in part because these
people wish to be part of that greater society.  However if a person
cannot or will not participate in cooperative ways in a cooperative group
(a cohousing community), then they do not belong there.
        Don Arkin, from Sonora in Tucson where we are in a relatively
cooperative mood heading into the May Day Masquerade Ball.