RE: Passive cooling
From: Casey Morrigan (cjmorrpacbell.net)
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 07:00:02 -0600 (MDT)
Regarding cooling, I wanted to add to the list of possibilities.

We have concrete floors with radiant heat installed.  What I wasn't
expecting was the effect that this would have on keeping the house cool in
the summer.  The floors have a great deal of thermal mass and contribute
greatly toward cooling on hot days (it gets over 100 degrees for several
days every summer; days in the 90's are common).  (We happen to have a
southern orientation and in the winter the sun warming the floors helps warm
up the place even without turning the heat on.)

Casey Morrigan
Two Acre Wood
Sebastopol, California