Xeriscaping [was: Cohousing available in Colorado Springs
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 06:34:01 -0600 (MDT)
On Tue, 6 May 2003, Louise Conner wrote:

> We at Colorado Springs Cohousing Community are happy to say that we've
> completed the construction of our 34 home plus common house community that
> goes by the name of Casa Verde Commons.
> and expecting our xericscaping any day now .

What is xeriscaping?
Literally, the word xeriscaping comes from a combination of two other
words: "xeri" derived from the Greek word "xeros" for dry; and "scape",
meaning a kind of view or scene. While xeriscape translates to mean "dry
scene," in practice xeriscaping means simply landscaping with
slow-growing, drought tolerant plants to conserve water and reduce yard
trimmings.

from:
http://www.ciwmb.ca.gov/Organics/Xeriscaping/

[Note that I think the prefered spelling is with one "c" tho
I found both in my search.]

Fred

--
Fred H. Olson  Minneapolis,MN 55411   (near north Mpls)
fholson [at] cohousing.org 612-588-9532 (7am-10pm Cent time)