Re: Xeriscaping [was: Cohousing available in Colorado Springs
From: Elizabeth Stevenson (tamgoddessattbi.com)
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 08:45:01 -0600 (MDT)
Somewhere I read that xeriscaping is actually not so great for water use. I
wish I could back that up, but the general principle is that there is a net
use of more energy/water because the xeriscaping allows the ground to heat
up more than grass does, causing a rise in ambient temperature so the
homeowners need to use more air conditioning and more water to keep the
plants alive in the higher heat.

--
Liz Stevenson
Southside Park Cohousing