Re: Cohousing Association of the U.S?
From: Dennis Jay (dennis.jaycomcast.net)
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 05:44:07 -0600 (MDT)
> I do wish we could get regular reports from the board -- it's lonely out
> here sometimes.

> Sharon Villines

Your wish is coming true. Coho/US plans to increase its communications to
members three-fold this year. Previously, members received two journals and
two newsletters a year. Now our communications plan calls for 6 magazines
and 6 e-letters.

Plus, the website is being re-designed to include regular updates on Coho/US
activities.

The reference you saw about the new name jumped the gun a little bit on the
official announcement. In case you didn't see it, it's copied below.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

- Dennis Jay
Communications Team
Cohousing Association of the United States

A new identity for new times:

The Cohousing Network (TCN) becomes The Cohousing Association of the United
States

TCN's board of directors reached a consensus decision in December 2002 to
change its name to "The Cohousing Association of the United States," or
"Coho/US" for short.

And this week the change becomes official.

This bold change came in part to broaden our identity and to develop a more
formal and permanent profile with potential cohousers, the news media and
local governments. The new name will help brand us as the authority of the
cohousing movement. Our new name also reinforces that cohousing is about
the "concept of us" by emphasizing the two most important letters in the
middle of cohousing: "us."

The old name had two strikes against it, according to the organization's
Communications Team, which developed a proposal for a new name. The first
is the unclear definition of "network," which isn't as widely understood as
"association." TCN also did not signify the scope of the organization --
whether it's local, regional, statewide or national.

Other changes in store include a new logo (now visible on our website,
http://www.cohousing.org/ ). Next steps include a re-design of our website
and new format for our newsletter.